Here is a list below of online newspapers you can access from home:
Asbury Park Press
- Full-text database of the Asbury Park Press Newspaper (Jan. 1999-). This newspaper is available through US Northeast Newsstream. US Northeast Newsstream covers news sources from Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Click on “Publications” to see a full list of papers offered, or to find the APP.
Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers
- This site allows you to search and view newspaper pages from 1880-1922 and find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Library of Congress as part of the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP).
New York Times
- New York Times direct access. Get the full version of the paper and personalize what you see to get the latest news. Please register or the site will block you after 6 articles.
- The New Jersey Public Library created an index of all known digitized newspapers published in New Jersey.
Red Bank Register
- Local newspaper 1878-1991. If you need help with your local history research, contact our Local History Librarian at 732-671-3700 ext. 324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small Town Papers
- Choose from over 250 small town newspapers you can read free every week. Browse and search scanned newspaper archive from 1865 up to the current edition.
Stars and Stripes
- This online database contains over one million historical newspaper pages from Stars and Stripes, the independent daily newspaper of the U.S. military. At present the archive includes newspapers published from 1948 through 1999.