MTPL Mobile Apps
Having access to library services has now become even easier! You can download the library mobile app to your device, which provides access to our most popular services. Below is a list of all our library services that also have mobile apps. It’s like having the library in the palm of your hand, available to you 24/7.
NEW FEATURE! SELF CHECKOUT
Check out materials all by yourself by using the newest feature on the MTP Library app, self-checkout!
To access this new feature, bring up the app on your mobile device then click on my account. The self-checkout is located at the bottom of the app and is listed as mobile checkout. Scan the library barcode located on the back or inside the item and it will be automatically checked out to your account! Receipts with your item due dates can be sent to your e-mail.
How to Use Our Self-Checkout Video Tutorial
With the Middletown Township Public Library app, you can:
- Search the Catalog: Browse our collection for books, movies, music, audiobooks and more.
- Self-checkout: Materials can now be checked out all on your mobile device! Located under my account, click on mobile checkout and scan the library barcode. Receipts with the due date can be sent to your e-mail.
- My Account: Renew items, manage holds, view my account, front door pickup request, create a digital card and our self-checkout.
- E-library: Explore the library’s huge selection of e-books, audiobooks, movies, music for download and streaming.
- Events: View our events calendar, register for programs and add them seamlessly to your calendar.
- Library information and hours: View our hours of operation, holiday closings, donate to our library and employment opportunities.
- Research Tools: Access free online resources such as Consumer Reports, Lynda.com (now Linkedin Learning), our Job Help Center, language classes (Pronunciator), Red Bank Register and more!
- Digital Library Card: Don’t have your library card with you? No problem! When you download our app & setup your account, you can create a digital library card that you can use to checkout materials in the library and log on to the computers located in the library.
- Social Media: Connect with the library via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or our Youtube Channel.
- Contact Us: Contact the library by phone or e-mail.
E-books, Audiobooks & Movies
Libby/Overdrive contains a collection of e-books and audiobooks with a focus on the diverse reading and listening preferences of the Middletown Community. Most e-books on Libby/Overdrive are available in EPUB (Electronic Publication) or Kindle copies.
Achieve your personal and professional goals by developing new skills. Linkedin Learning has free online classes taught by industry professionals on several topics, such as basic and advanced computer skills, photoshop, business, music, IT, photography and many more! Library card required to access.
Beanstack is our app for tracking reading changes for adults, teens and kids! This app will also allow you to:
- View Summer Reading Challenges
- Follow Your Friends
- Get Virtual Badges
- View your reading stats
- Reading challenges & activities
- Enter and win prizes
- Get Book Recommendations via e-mail
For more information about Beanstack, please click here.