American Family History Center At Ellis Island
Ancestry Library Edition-Accessible at Main Library Only
- This is a genealogy research tool that gives researchers a wide range of unique resources for genealogical and historical research. It includes US, UK, and Ireland census collections, Birth, Marriage, & Death Records, Immigration Collection, Military Records, Biography and History Collections.
- This site full of genealogical links that are arranged in subject order.
DNA Testing Information
- This site shows the different companies that offer genealogical DNA testing and how they compare.
Family Tree Maker
- Build your family tree. Preserve your family legacy.
- Genealogy site of the Church of the Latter Day Saints (the Mormons).
Find a Grave
- Find A Grave is a free resource for finding the final resting places of famous folks, friends and family members.
Geni-Family Tree Maker
- Geni is a private place for your family to build your family tree, preserve your history and share your lives.
Monmouth County US Genweb Archives
- Includes obituary, deed, probate, census and cemetery records.
- The New Jersey Public Library created an index of all known digitized newspapers published in New Jersey.
- The oldest and largest free genealogical database.
The National Archives
- From the Research Room on their homepage to Quick Links to Genealogy.
- Volunteer run site that seeks to provide Internet websites for genealogical research in every county and every state in the United States.
- The most comprehensive resource for locating vital records United States Birth Certificates, Death Records & Marriage Licenses.
- Is a non-profit, volunteer based organization dedicated to providing genealogical and historical records and resources for world-wide access!
NEWSPAPERS AT THE LIBRARY
- THE COURIER (Middletown)-1959 to April 3rd, 2009 (Jan/June 1971 missing)
- THE INDEPENDENT DIGITAL ARCHIVES (1972-2000)
- ASBURY PARK PRESS is available at MTPL in microfilm dating back to the 1990s. A full text database of articles from the Asbury Park Press, dating back to 1999, is also available here.