BOOK SHELF LOCATIONS
CATALOG SEARCH TERMS
- The American Physical Society (APS) is a non-profit organization that has made available “research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities” about physics.
- “Open access to 1,402,089 e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Electrical Engineering and Systems Science, and Economics.”
- “DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals. DOAJ is independent. All funding is via donations, 50% of which comes from sponsors and 50% from members and publisher members. All DOAJ services are free of charge including being indexed in DOAJ. All data is freely available.”
- Offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment.
- The Public Library of Science (PLOS) is a non-profit organizations that has free journals and articles in the fields of science and medicine.
- ScienceDirect is an open-source website that has free journals with various topics including medicine, healthcare, biochemical research that are available to anyone to share and view.
- Science Online offers a comprehensive, curriculum-oriented overview of a broad range of scientific disciplines through extensive essays, diagrams, illustrations, images, biographies, experiments, activities, and definitions.
Encyclopedia of Earth – This is a free online reference source sponsored by a variety of groups, with article written by scholars who review each others’ work.
Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy – This DOE site has links to alternative-energy programs, information, and resources.
Energy Information Administration – This DOE site contains official energy statistics from the U.S. government.
Envirofacts – This site provides access to EPA environmental data with results from several different databases.
Envirolink – This serves as an environmental information clearinghouse with information organized by topic.
Environment News Service – This is reputed to be the original environmental daily international wire service.
Environmental Health – This site provides credible environmental health information.
Environmental Health & Toxicology – Created by the National Library of Medicine, this site is a portal to environmental heath and toxicology.
Environmental News Network – ENN is one of the web’s oldest sources of environmental news sources, operating for the last 16 years.
EPA’s Gateway to Free Digital & Paper Publications – The EPA’s Gateway provides access to more than 33,000 full-text documents and research reports.
NREL Publications – This site provides access to full-text, technical & non-technical documents, research reports, and bibliographical citations.
Science.gov – This database provides comprehensive access to U.S. government science information and research results.
Science Tracer Bullets – These research guides produced by the Library of Congress covers numerous science and technology topics.
TRIS Online – This is a bibliographic database produced by the Department of Transportation’s National Transportation Library.
USFS Research Publications: Treesearch – Treesearch is reputed to be the largest collection of freely available forestry research materials in the world.
USGS Publications Warehouse – The USGS provides access to more than 40,00 full-text documents and research reports and 70,000 bibliographical citations.
WorldWideScience.org – This database is a global gateway to national and international science databases and portals.