Opening: Part-time Librarian
Dept: Youth Services/Children’s Department
Civil Service Job Specification 07569
Open Until Filled
The Middletown Township Public Library is seeking a friendly, talented, and service-oriented librarian to join our dedicated staff.
- Candidates must have a MLIS from an ALA accredited institution & have or be able to obtain a NJ Professional Librarian Certificate.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent computer & technological skills
- Evening & weekend hours required (1evening per week/1 Saturday per month)
- Answering childrens’ reference & readers advisory questions
- Answering technology questions & assisting patrons with databases, downloadable media and computer use
- Book selection & collection development
- Outreach to community
- Assisting with and planning children’s library programs and events
- Experience with grant writing a plus
- Cross training as needed
- Must be a team player
- Other duties as required
Friday 9:00am -5:00pm
Please submit resume and three professional references to:
Wendy LaTona, Administrative Manager
Middletown Township Public Library
55 New Monmouth Road
Middletown, NJ 07748
Position: Library Asst/Clerk position
Civil Service Job Specification 07872
The Middletown Township Public Library (MTPL) is a friendly and inviting environment that acts as the catalyst for opportunities in education, civic engagement, intellectual enrichment, and cultural development for children, youth, and adults.
MTPL is known for its community focus, including notary services, employment services, school partnerships, and youth and adult programs. MTPL was founded in 1921 and is continuously redefining the patron library experiences in the 21st Century.
The Library is currently seeking a qualified individual who is friendly, heavily detailed oriented, Google and/or Microsoft Suite certified (preferred) can multi-task and can change direction in a fast-paced environment.
Account Clerk/Library Assistant.
The Account Clerk will be a member of the administrative team and performs heavily detailed oriented job duties. This position provides a welcoming customer service to vendors and patrons while performing important and confidential clerical duties and library services. Main tasks include but are not limited to ordering supplies/materials, processing purchase orders, heavy use of excel spreadsheets, calculations, working with administrative team, outside vendors, and township officials.
This position may cover desk shortages within the Circulation and/or Children’s department.
- Data entry
- Excel calculations
- Purchase orders
- Working with customers and vendors
- Assist with the maintaining of records and filing system
- Handles both verbal and written correspondence
- Train and work on RIM system/Records retention
- Assists Administrative team on daily and special projects
- Associates Degree or High School
- At least two years of general clerical work experience required or related work.
- Experience working with diverse and dynamic customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, and email applications
- Knowledge of Edmunds
- Previous library, civic and/or public service
- Strong mathematical and technology skills
- Knowledge of basic office equipment (i.e. copier/fax/scan machines) and
- experience providing basic
- Desire to serve the
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a team and independently
Civil Service Job Title: 07872
CWA 1032 Contractual rate: $19.57
No medical benefits Schedule:
Monday- Friday 9:00am – 2:00pm
Please email resume and cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Account Clerk/Library Assistant in the subject line of your email.