Click here to download employment application. If applying for a specific posting, please include Letter of Interest and Resume.
JOB POSTING- LIBRARY ASSISTANT- FLOATER- DUAL ROLE.
The Middletown Township Public Library (MTPL) is a friendly and inviting environment that acts as the catalyst for opportunities in education, civic engagement, intellectual enrichment, and cultural development for children, youth, and adults.
MTPL is known for its community focus, including notary services, employment services, school partnerships, and youth and adult programs. The Library was founded in 1921 and is continuously redefining the patron library experiences in the 21st Century.
The Library is currently seeking a qualified individual who is detailed oriented, friendly, is comfortable working with excel, and can multi-task and float between two departments of the library.
Floating Library Assistant.
The Library Assistant will be a member of the Administrative and Children’s teams.
This position provides welcoming customer service to vendors and patrons while performing general clerical and library services. The main components of the position include circulation of materials, issuing and receiving requisitions, and working with township officials and outside vendors.
- Data entry
- Processing requisitions, purchase orders
- Working with customers and vendors
- Help maintain records and filing system
- Handles both verbal and written correspondence
- Assists Administrative team as needed
- Greet and welcome customers, in person and on the phone, answer inquiries via email.
- Addresses inquiries
- Uses traditional library resources including the library website, library catalogue, booklists, ready reference resources, etc., to answer routine, quick reference, and straightforward customer inquiries including but not limited to basic readers’ advisory (ex. Specific book titles, authors/titles in a specific genre, popular children’s books, etc.)
- Assists registering patrons for programs
- Assist library patrons with check-in/check-out process.
- Respond to inquiries regarding due dates, overdue materials, and fines.
- Create new library cards and renew existing cards for customers.
- Assist with weeding the collections
- Organize, sort, and process library materials as needed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- At least one year of customer service experience required or related
- Experience working with diverse and dynamic customers required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, and email
- Knowledge of Edmunds system.
- Previous library, civic and/or public service experience.
- Strong technology skills and knowledge with basic office equipment (i.e.
copier/fax/scan machines) and experience providing basic instructions.
- Desire to serve the community.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Civil Service Job Title: 07467
CWA 1032 Contractual rate: $17.21/hour
NJ Sick Leave Act until made permanent
No medical benefits
Monday – 9:00-2:30
Tuesday – 1—9 (evening shift 5-9 Childrens)
1 Saturday per month (Childrens)
Please email resume and cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Floating Library Assistant in the subject line of your email.