Middletown Township Public Library offers downloadable E-books and Audiobooks from two providers: Libby/Overdrive (E-books and Audiobooks) and Hoopla (e-books, audiobooks, comics/graphic novels, music, television series, films and much more!). They can be viewed or listed to on a computer, tablet, or even on your phone by using the provider’s app. Instructions for how to access each provider will be included below.
Need help accessing our E-book and Audiobook providers? Contact the Reference Desk at 732-671-3700 ext.320 or click here to make a Personal Tech Help Appointment.
Libby by Overdrive contains a collection of e-books and audiobooks with a focus on the diverse reading and listening preferences of the Middletown Community. Most e-books on Libby/Overdrive are available in EPUB (Electronic Publication) or Kindle format.
- Available on computer, tablet and phone. For information on compatible devices, please click here.
- Check out a maximum of 5 books at a time for up to 21 days.
- No overdue fees; books are automatically returned to the library at the end of lending period.
- Five books at a time can be placed on hold in Libby/Overdrive.
- Click here for instructions on downloading Libby.
- If you have a kindle, click here for instructions on downloading books/audiobooks.
- Libby App: The Libby app also allows you to access and borrow e-books and audiobooks from the Middletown Township Public Library. If you have access to another library system, both accounts can be added on Libby to check out multiple e-books and audiobooks at the same time. You can download the app on iOS and Android devices, or click here to learn more about Libby.
Hoopla provides immediate access to e-books, audiobooks, comics/graphic novels, music, television series, films and much more!
- Available on computer, tablet and phone. For information on supported devices, please click here.
- Check out a maximum of 10 items per month (borrow ebooks, comics, and audiobooks for 21 days, music albums for 7 days, movies and television shows for 3 days).
- No overdue fees; items are automatically returned to the library at the end of the lending period.
- Items may also be downloaded to your device by using the app and can be viewed while offline.
- Click here for instructions on downloading/accessing Hoopla.
- The Hoopla app is also available to download for free and titles can be downloaded immediately to your device with no waiting! Their website described it as “like having your public library at your fingertips. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Kanopy is a streaming video platform provided to you by MTPL. Browse a selection of crowd-pleasing hits and international films from various genres.
- Click here for instructions on how to register.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, smart tv, I-phone, I-pad, android phone and fire tablet.
- There is no limit on how many videos you can watch on Kanopy per month.
- Kanopy also has a mobile app you can download and use on your smartphone or
tablet. It can be found in the Apple App Store or Google Playstore.