Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
24-Hour Public Hotline 1-800-222-1222
Trained healthcare professionals are standing by to answer questions about the coronavirus. The call is free.
Click here for the Official Website of the State of New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub. All updates about COV-19 in the state of New Jersey will be updated here regularly.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE FROM MIDDLETOWN TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
Your health is our concern. Just like all of you, we are monitoring the status and potential risk of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and we would like to share with you what we’re doing to protect your health and safety.
Important Notice: As a preventative measure, the Middletown Township Committee has restricted public access to Township buildings and cancelled all activities through Sunday, April 19th as a precaution against the spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19). The Library is included in this closure, but will automatically renew all checked out materials until May 1st. Our book drops are currently closed to the public and we are not accepting donations at this time.
The director is in communication with the township and state officials and will follow guidelines as they become available.
If you are feeling unwell, we are encouraging staff and patrons to stay at home and rest.
How is Middletown Township Public Library taking precautions?
- The entire library is cleaned thoroughly every day, and our cleaners will also take extra care while wiping down door handles, touchscreens, table and countertops, keyboards, and other public surfaces.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are accessible throughout the building.
- We are adjusting seating to encourage social distancing.
- Flyers are being displayed throughout the building from the Center of Disease Control on techniques to help prevent the spread of germs.
- Staff is staying informed and cooperating with all federal, state, and town directives regarding public safety.
How can I access library resources from home?
If you’re unable to visit Middletown Township Public Library for any reason, we’d like to remind you of all the great resources that you can access from the comfort of home. You can access all of these services for free by signing up with your Middletown Township Library card.
- Click here for an list of online resources that you can access at home from Middletown Township Public Library.
- Download movies, music albums, graphic novels, television shows, audiobooks and eBooks with Hoopla Digital.
- Download thousands of eBooks and audiobooks on eLibrary NJ.
- Access the NY Times online and other newspapers, periodicals and magazines through the research section of our website.
- Learn a new language using Pronunciator.
- Need to renew an item? Click on MY ACCOUNT through our website (www.mtpl.org). Username is your library barcode and Password is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
As always, our reference staff can answer research questions or help you access resources from home. Please call the reference desk at 732-671-3700, x320.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Helpful Links:
- World Health Organization- Coronavirus : Contains facts and figures, prevention methods, news, online training and a Q&A about Coronavirus.
- CDC Coronavirus Factsheet: What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the CDC.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak: Daily updates from the World Health Organization about Coronavirus. Also contains methods of prevention, questions and answers, travel advice, situation reports, media resources, global resources and much more!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Tracker: “This tracker provides the number of cases and deaths from novel coronavirus by country, the trend in case and death counts by country, and a global map showing which countries have cases and deaths. The data are drawn directly from official coronavirus situation reports released regularly by the WHO. It should be noted that the WHO reported case numbers are conservative, and likely represent an undercount of the true number of coronavirus cases, especially in China.”
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information from Center of Disease Control: Contains various information on Coronoavirus such as what you should know (how it spreads, testing, symptoms, etc.), situational updates about the virus (both in the U.S. and Abroad) as well as information for healthcare professionals, schools and travel advice. There is also a newsletter available for updates.
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet: Facts about Coronavirus from Morgridge Institute of Research as well as other important information on viruses and vaccines.
- Center for Disease Control’s Resources and References page: Links from the CDC about additional resources and references about Coronavirus.
Communication Resources for Travelers: “This page includes sharable images and print downloads to communicate to travelers arriving in the US.”
- COVD-19 Overview: overview of facts about the Coronavirus, quick facts and it’s background from United Departments of Labor.
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus: Q&A about the Coronavirus about how it’s spread and the severity of this virus from the NJ Department of Health.
- Monmouth County Health Department News Update: Brief description about the Coronavirus as well as prevention methods. Has lists as well about the state of the virus in Monmouth County and New Jersey.
- NJ Health’s Communicable Disease Service: Contains information from the CDC about Coronovirus as well as a phone number for a 24 hour hotline.
- Everything You Should Know About the 2019 Coronavirus: detailed description about the causes, symptoms, diagnosis process and current treatments of the virus from Healthline.
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
- How to talk to your kids about the coronavirus (and ease their fears)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources: Information on the virus from the NJ State Library.
- Center for Disease Control Playlist about Coronavirus on CDC’s Youtube Channel