Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Resources
The Middletown Township Public Library Staff has created this page as a guide for Middletown and New Jersey residents about services that have been created during COVID-19. This page will include social services such as food assistance, counseling services, health information, online exercise tutorials, testing centers, unemployment and much more. Check this page regularly as we will be constantly updating it as new information becomes available. Stay safe during this time, and we look forward to when we can safely see you again.
24-Hour Coronavirus Public Hotline 1-800-222-1222
Trained healthcare professionals are standing by to answer questions about the coronavirus. The call is free.
Important- Housing Assistance Workshop
Bayshore Family Success Center will be holding a Housing Assistance Workshop via ZOOM on Monday, April 27 at 3 pm. If you would like to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the link. They are also using the Remind app to keep families informed. If you would like to get updates, please text @bayshorefa to 81010.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE FROM MIDDLETOWN TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
Your health is our concern. Just like all of you, we are monitoring the status and potential risk of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and we would like to share with you what we’re doing to protect your health and safety.
Important Notice: As a preventative measure, the Middletown Township Committee has restricted public access to Township buildings and cancelled all activities through Sunday, April 19th as a precaution against the spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19). The Library is included in this closure, but will automatically renew all checked out materials until May 15th. Our book drops are currently closed to the public and we are not accepting donations at this time.
The director is in communication with the township and state officials and will follow guidelines as they become available.
If you are feeling unwell, we are encouraging staff and patrons to stay at home and rest.
How is Middletown Township Public Library taking precautions?
- The entire library is cleaned thoroughly every day, and our cleaners will also take extra care while wiping down door handles, touchscreens, table and countertops, keyboards, and other public surfaces.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are accessible throughout the building.
- We are adjusting seating to encourage social distancing.
- Flyers are being displayed throughout the building from the Center of Disease Control on techniques to help prevent the spread of germs.
- Staff is staying informed and cooperating with all federal, state, and town directives regarding public safety.
How can I access library resources from home?
- Click here for an list of online resources that you can access at home from Middletown Township Public Library.
- Don’t have a library card? Click on the link above on how to apply for a digital card.
As always, our reference staff can answer research questions or help you access resources from home. Please call the reference desk at 732-671-3700, x320.
Click here for the Official Website of the State of New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub. All updates about COV-19 in the state of New Jersey will be updated here regularly.
Local Social Services Resources
- COVID-19 Resources List about Utilities from NJ Family Success Centers
- COVID – 19 Resources Information Food From NJ Success Centers
- Counseling & Social Services at the YMCA of Greater Monmouth County –
- If you’re in crisis and not already a client, the Y can help. Please contact us at 732-290-9040. 24/7 answering service is available after hours. If you’re having an emergency please call 911.
- Telehealth counseling is now available for mental health and substance abuse counseling to the community. CSS office locations remain open Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. to host appointments and answer calls. Contact us at 732-290-9040. 24/7 answering service is available after hours.
- Bayshore Family Success Center in Leonardo continues to operate remotely to provide struggling families with concrete resources for affordable housing, employment, baby pantry supplies and other needs.
- Emergency Child Care for Those Who Care For Us
- Food Assistance from FULFILL- Monmouth & Ocean County
- Meal & Groceries Assistance from LunchBreak!
- Monmouth County Assistance Programs- here “you will find information on many charities, churches, and government assistance programs that provide help with rent, foreclosure prevention, financial assistance for paying electric bills, referrals, and many more forms of support in Monmouth County. There are also places for free stuff, ranging from back to school supplies to furniture or food from pantries.”
- Pop-up Baby Pantry from Bayshore Success Center
- Y @ Home | Virtual Fitness– Online virtual exercise classes given by the YMCA During COVID-19.
eMedical Urgent Care in Middletown, NJ will now be conducting Covid-19 testing by appointment only.
Please call the office at 732-957-0707 to arrange a telehealth visit with one of our physicians
who will discuss your symptoms and concerns. Based on the CDC criteria, we will schedule an appointment for DRIVE THROUGH COVID-19 testing from your car.
Please feel free to call the office with any questions: 732-957-0707
Stay safe and “Feel Better Knowing We’re Here!”
- Located at 33 Kilmer Road in Edison, N.J. Please click on the article above for more information on how to get drive. through testing.
- “The site will be open three days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.”
Unemployment Assistance Related to COVID-19.
- NJ Division of Pension & Benefits- The New Jersey Division of Pensions & Benefits (NJDPB) has created a COVID-specific resources page that compiles all of the various resources available to members during this time. Not only is there coverage information for SHBP/SEHBP, but additional behavioral health resources (e.g., Joyable –digital mental health solution available to members at no cost with one-on-one coaching and a personalized eight week BH program), wellness resources (e.g., Wellbeats – complimentary membership to at-home fitness video and content), and other important information from our carriers (Horizon and Aetna) and Pharmacy Benefit Manager (Optum). NJDPB will be onboarding additional behavioral health, wellness, and telemedicine capabilities for members and will be updating the website on a daily basis. Please use these resources!
- Division of Unemployment Insurance
- Finally, please make sure to follow on Facebook at New Jersey Health Benefit Programs/NJWELL Here you can find more valuable resources, stay up to date on new wellness programming and other pertinent information as we weather this crisis together. Thank you in advance and we hope you are all staying safe and well.
- Unemployment and the Coronavirus– Federal & State Resources during COVID-19.
Helpful Links Related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- World Health Organization- Coronavirus : Contains facts and figures, prevention methods, news, online training and a Q&A about Coronavirus.
- CDC Coronavirus Factsheet: What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the CDC.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak: Daily updates from the World Health Organization about Coronavirus. Also contains methods of prevention, questions and answers, travel advice, situation reports, media resources, global resources and much more!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Tracker: “This tracker provides the number of cases and deaths from novel coronavirus by country, the trend in case and death counts by country, and a global map showing which countries have cases and deaths. The data are drawn directly from official coronavirus situation reports released regularly by the WHO. It should be noted that the WHO reported case numbers are conservative, and likely represent an undercount of the true number of coronavirus cases, especially in China.”
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information from Center of Disease Control: Contains various information on Coronoavirus such as what you should know (how it spreads, testing, symptoms, etc.), situational updates about the virus (both in the U.S. and Abroad) as well as information for healthcare professionals, schools and travel advice. There is also a newsletter available for updates.
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet: Facts about Coronavirus from Morgridge Institute of Research as well as other important information on viruses and vaccines.
- Center for Disease Control’s Resources and References page: Links from the CDC about additional resources and references about Coronavirus.
Communication Resources for Travelers: “This page includes sharable images and print downloads to communicate to travelers arriving in the US.”
- COVD-19 Overview: overview of facts about the Coronavirus, quick facts and it’s background from United Departments of Labor.
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus: Q&A about the Coronavirus about how it’s spread and the severity of this virus from the NJ Department of Health.
- Monmouth County Health Department News Update: Brief description about the Coronavirus as well as prevention methods. Has lists as well about the state of the virus in Monmouth County and New Jersey.
- NJ Health’s Communicable Disease Service: Contains information from the CDC about Coronovirus as well as a phone number for a 24 hour hotline.
- Everything You Should Know About the 2019 Coronavirus: detailed description about the causes, symptoms, diagnosis process and current treatments of the virus from Healthline.
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
- How to talk to your kids about the coronavirus (and ease their fears)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources: Information on the virus from the NJ State Library.
- Center for Disease Control Playlist about Coronavirus on CDC’s Youtube Channel