Computer Resource Center
The Middletown Township Public Library offers many resources related to helping you learn and use computers and related technology. By using our computers, you agree to follow our Computer Use Policy. To view our policies, please click here. Please read the options of the services that are available in our Computer Resource Center below.
If you need assistance or have any other questions, please call the Reference Desk at 732-671-3700 ext. 320.
Personal Tech Help – make an appointment to meet one-on-one with one of MTPL’s Reference Librarians. Meet for an hour to go through any and all types of technology questions. Appointments are only for an hour once a month.
Computer Classes – check the MTPL Events Calendar regularly to see what group computer classes are offered each month.
Northstar Digital Literacy– Explore a number of self-guided and proctored assessment tests. Available until September 2022!
LearningExpressLibrary- This database offers interactive practice exams, video tutorials of commonly used software, and much more.
LinkedIn Learning (Formerly Linda.com)– Free online classes such as photoshop, business, music, IT, photography and many more! Library card required to access.
Digitallearn.org– If you are new to computers, haven’t used them for a while, are a little unsure and uncomfortable, or just need a bit of a refresher, we have the tools to help you tackle technology at your own pace and gain the confidence you need to succeed.
- Public Computers are available for adults, teens, and children.
- A Middletown Library card will give 2 hours of computer use. A guest pass will give 1 hour. Additional time may be requested.
- Printing is available from any public computer in the Reference, Children, and Teen Rooms.
- Wireless Printing is also available.
- Cost for Printing is $0.25/per page. Pay by cash only.
- Print jobs are limited to 100 pages per day for each patron.
- Scanning of documents is available at the reference desk.
- The cost is $0.10/per page.
- Documents may be scanned to a personal flash drive.
- Photocopiers are available in the library for public use.
- Copies are $0.25/per page. Pay by cash only.
- To print remotely from home, click here.
Print Release Station- Located in Reference Department
Chromebook & Wi-fi Hotspot Kits
- Library members can now check out our new Chromebook & Hotspot Kits! The Kits are can be checked out for two weeks and can be renewed for one week. Please go to the Reference Desk for more information. Holds for the Chromebook & Hotspot kits can be placed by logging into your account here.
- Free wireless access is available to all members of the public inside the library.
- The network name is MTPL2. Please ask a staff member for the password.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots are available for checkout for home use. Please go to reference desk for more information. For more information on the Wi-Fi Hotspots, click here.
Have Any Other Questions?
Please call the Reference Department at 732-671-3700 ext. 320.