Middletown Township Public Library offers public self-service photocopy machines and printers to the general public for a fee. The library also offers scanning services at the Adult Reference Desk for a fee.
Public photocopiers are located in the HUB and in the Children’s Department. Copiers accept cash and coin only.
Printing is available on the desktop computers located in the Reference area, in the Teen Room, and in the Children’s Department. Printers operate using the MTPL library card. Funds may be added to library cards at the Reference Desk (cash only). Wireless printing is also available from all wireless devices connected to the Middletown Library wireless network. The password for access to the library’s wireless network is “middletown.”
Scanning is available at the Reference Desk. Library customers may scan onto a USB device only. The scanner accepts unbound letter and legal sized paper. The library offers USB devices for sale at the reference desk. Assistance for scanning services is provided by a librarian at the Reference Desk.
Internet Use Policy
The Middletown Township Public Library offers public access to the Internet. Internet access is available to all users of the Library who agree to these conditions:
1. User recognizes that some systems may contain controversial materials including those that are offensive and disruptive to other users of the library, will use his or her own discretion in accessing such materials and comply with library staff requests to log off certain sites. Parental supervision and control are strongly advised.
2. The amount of time spent on the Internet must be shared with other users. Computer use by MTPL cardholders has precedence over non-resident or guest users, and this precedence may be implemented by varying time limits, limits in the number and location of computers available, or by other means.
A. MTPL cardholders in good standing may access the Internet free of charge for 2 hours per day plus have one guest pass per day.
B. Effective January 22, 2014, guests passes shall be free but limited to one 60 minute internet use session per day.
3. Commercial uses of the Library Internet System are prohibited.
4. Users may not upload or download programs or files to Library computer hard drives.
5. Any vandalism to the system’s components including software, hardware or data of the system shall result in disciplinary action by the Middletown Township Public Library and termination of user privilege.
6. Print cost shall be $0.25 cents per page.
7. Internet access computers in the Children’s Room are to be used by
children under the age of 12 only. An adult may use the Children’s Room computers
while supervising their child. Computers in the Teen Zone may be used by those ages 12-18 only.
8. Patrons access and use of the system may be terminated by the Middletown Township Public Library for any perceived or suspected abuse of the above provisions.
The Middletown Township Public Library accepts no responsibility for damage to personal computer equipment or software caused by use of library materials and provides no guarantee that the material will operate on the borrower’s equipment.
Library employees who give technical suggestions or advice to customers regarding their personal hardware, software, audio visual material, or any other matter shall be free from any responsibility and held harmless.