- Library Card Application
- Book a Librarian
- Do Research
- Guide to the Library
- Events & Photos
- Best Reads / Reader's Advisory
- Employment & Volunteering
- Family Information Database
- I Love NJ Libraries
- MTPL Blog
- Contact Us
- Site Map
Keeping in Touch While Traveling
Books you can take with you are in this number range:
- 910-919 (Travel books are in this section)
When searching our catalog use these subjects:
- Country Name (i.e. Italy, France)
Helpful reference books:
- Hotel and Travel Index Worldwide - R 647.9 HOT
- World Travel Atlas - R 912 WOR
- Michelin Europe - R 914 MIC
- The Cambridge Guide to the Museums of Europe - R 914 HUD
Suggested online databases:
World AtlasOnline--Facts on File
World Atlas combines an extensive collection of more than 1,500 clear, printable, full-color original maps with a wealth of current statistical information in one interactive resource.
- The Net(book) Effect - An article by the business travel columnist for Portfolio.com reviewing netbooks.
- The Best Netbooks - A CNET review of mini-laptops.
Places with Free Wi-Fi:
- JiWire Global - Use the interactive map or search locations to find free wi-fi.
- Free Wi-Fi Spot - Directory of free internet access points.
- Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - Find Perkins Restaurants across the U.S. and Canada. They have free wifi, and are open 24 hours in some locations.
- Panera Bread - Panera also has free wifi. Use this site to find the closest location to you.
- Mobile Phones in Europe - A travel expert explains the complexities of using a cell phone in Europe.
- Slow Travel: Cell Phones in Europe - This site outlines the choices available for Americans who want to use a cell phone in Europe.
- International Cell Phone Guide - This site gives some options on renting or buying a cheap cell phone for travel.
- Telestial - Rent or buy an internationally capable cell phone, SIM card, or calling card.
- International Calling Technology - See this article for information on how you can skip the cell phone altogether by using Skype or its alternatives.
- Use Your Cell Phone as a Modem for Your PC - An overview of what it takes to link a web-enabled cell phone to a computer.
- How Do I Use My Blackberry as a Modem with a Mac? - This site explains how to get a Mac to connect to the internet via Blackberry.
- Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking with VZAccess Manager - How to use web-enabled cell phones as modems for PC's with Bluetooth capability.
Photos on the Fly: