- Library Card Application
- Book a Librarian
- Do Research
- Guide to the Library
- Events & Photos
- Best Reads / Reader's Advisory
- Employment & Volunteering
- I Love NJ Libraries
- MTPL Blog
- Contact Us
- Site Map
Keeping in Touch While Traveling
Books you can take with you are in this number range:
- 910-919 (Travel books are in this section)
When searching our catalog use these subjects:
- Country Name (i.e. Italy, France)
Helpful reference books:
- Hotel and Travel Index Worldwide - R 647.9 HOT
- World Travel Atlas - R 912 WOR
- Michelin Europe - R 914 MIC
- The Cambridge Guide to the Museums of Europe - R 914 HUD
Suggested online databases:
This is a comprehensive periodical resource that puts more than 60 million articles at your fingertips with a single search query. More than 11,000 titles and backfile coverage from 1980 —Search ALL of Gale's database products with ONE SEARCH.
United States Geography-ABC-CLIO
State overviews, searchable by texts, included are individual summaries of each state, daily U.S. news items, and an exclusive online statistical tool.
Included are overviews of countries around the world, each nation's location and people, and recent political history, and economy, biographies of political figures, and daily world news items.
World AtlasOnline--Facts on File
World Atlas combines an extensive collection of more than 1,500 clear, printable, full-color original maps with a wealth of current statistical information in one interactive resource.
- The Net(book) Effect - An article by the business travel columnist for Portfolio.com reviewing netbooks.
- The Best Netbooks - A CNET review of mini-laptops.
Places with Free Wi-Fi:
- JiWire Global - Use the interactive map or search locations to find free wi-fi.
- Free Wi-Fi Spot - Directory of free internet access points.
- Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - Find Perkins Restaurants across the U.S. and Canada. They have free wifi, and are open 24 hours in some locations.
- Panera Bread - Panera also has free wifi. Use this site to find the closest location to you.
- Mobile Phones in Europe - A travel expert explains the complexities of using a cell phone in Europe.
- Slow Travel: Cell Phones in Europe - This site outlines the choices available for Americans who want to use a cell phone in Europe.
- International Cell Phone Guide - This site gives some options on renting or buying a cheap cell phone for travel.
- Telestial - Rent or buy an internationally capable cell phone, SIM card, or calling card.
- International Calling Technology - See this article for information on how you can skip the cell phone altogether by using Skype or its alternatives.
- Use Your Cell Phone as a Modem for Your PC - An overview of what it takes to link a web-enabled cell phone to a computer.
- How Do I Use My Blackberry as a Modem with a Mac? - This site explains how to get a Mac to connect to the internet via Blackberry.
- Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking with VZAccess Manager - How to use web-enabled cell phones as modems for PC's with Bluetooth capability.
Photos on the Fly: